Pages

Tuesday 31 August 2021

Saint Vincent De Paul

 Malo Lei Lei! 

This week for RE we have been given tasks about St Vincent De Paul. Did you know that Vincent was captured by Pirates? 

He was on a boat back home because he had recently been on his way to sell some property that he had recieved. He was captured by 2 pirates while travelling, they took him to Tunis in Northen Africa. He was a slave for 2 years because he was sold into slavery. During those 2 years he would pray to God saying that if he was freed he would spend the rest of his life devoting his life to to the service of the poor. 

This is a picture of the house that St Vincent was born in:



1 comment:

  1. Great work Talia,

    I didn't know that he had been captured by pirates.

    Keep up the great work!
    Ms Wilton

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.