Pages

Wednesday 30 October 2019

Big Daddy Task

WALT unpack sentences faster.
Every week I will be posting something from our Reading tasks. This week we have to post about the task we did. We had to choose one of the Synthesis questions. I chose 7. For that task I had to write a paragraph about what I think Big Daddy's point of view. The book that we were reading this week was The Big Jump. I wrote a paragraph of Big Daddy's point of view.

Here is my paragraph:

It was so high. I could see the classes. But what I was really worried about was hitting the pole at the end. I knew that if I cried when I got down I wouldn't be called Big Daddy. People will call me Cry baby. Sandra tries to help but I just grunt. 

The boy behind me is the only one that will know how I was scared. Sandra and the boy start strapping me again, but I didn't really care. 

I went down with this guy and he got hurt bad. I told the others I had to help him come down because they asked why we took forever. I helped him up which was a thank you. He knew that was the only thank you he'll ever get.

7 comments:

  1. Annyong Talia, I like this paragraph. It gave me chills. Reading the story was different from reading yours. You get all the information to fit in one whole paragraph, I love that!

    Tweeny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tweeny, Thank you for commenting on my blog. Is there anything I need to work on?

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Talia,
    I like your Explanations and how you added a lot of Detail.
    I never thought of adding all the characters not only one. Maybe next time you could use others words not the ones from the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Manuk, I will try to not repeat the words from the story next time. Thank you for the feedback!

      Delete
  3. Hi Talia
    I really like how descriptive this is. Next time you could maybe describe what big daddy looks like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Petelo, I will do to describe what the character looks like next time. Thanks for the Feedback!

      Delete
  4. Bonjour Talia!

    I really liked reading your piece of writing, and I liked how you were very descriptive when writing to. Maybe next time you could make it a bit more longer but either than that this is fantastic!

    ~Siale

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.